Mushroom Valley is more then just a party, it is a community. A place where you can grow, learn and connect with other like minded people. A place where you can come and be revitalised and re-energised to go out and take on the "real" world. There are plenty of workshops for the young and old in the healing village as well as massage and reiki.
Over the weekend the music will range through many genres.
There are a few things we at MV Productions are extremely passionate about. One thing is providing a safe and respectful environment for the whole family. We have an amazing security and medical team on site. Harm Minimisation workshops, care pixies, camp guardians and volunteer lifeguards on duty. We also believe we should all look out for each other. Make sure if you think someone is unwell of having any issues please take them one of our staff or volunteers for assistance.
Another big one is LEAVE NO TRACE.
Each year we get better and better and so do you, so lets make this year even more amazing by doing a few simple things:
- Think about what it is you are bringing to Mushroom Valley this year. Remember you have to take it ALL home with you...so REDUCE YOUR WASTE before you arrive to the site.
- Have seperate buckets or bags in your camps for compost/cans, recyclables/plastics. Mixing your food waste with the rest of your garbage is messy and creates evil gases that are destroying the planet! We can collect your 10c refundables and compost...keep an eye out for the waste warriors walking around the camp grounds. Please do not leave or dump your waste.
- Bring plenty of water in large reusable containers, avoid single use ANYTHING! We have stainless steel water bottles for sale at the info tent and at the front gate.
- Use cigarette butt bins ALWAYS, even in camp. They are the thing we pick up the most when we clean the site. They do not break down and we are constantly picking up butts new and old. Be a responsible smoker please.
- Collect all of those little bits of clean hard plastic and stuff them into a plastic juice or water bottle, use something like a large tent peg to compact it down and you will make a strong plastic brick that can be used in earthship building foundations (its true look it up!) and will save on space tremendously!! Collect your soft plastics like bread bags and chip packets and take them to the nearest RedCycle collection spot (coles or wollies collect for RedCycle).
- Bring your own plate, bowl, mug, cup, cutlery and reusable straw and use these instead of single use items. You can take them to the food stalls too, even though the stalls use bio stuff you can still avoid these and reduce even more waste, especially coffee cups!
- Before you leave your camp spot PLEASE have your own little emu parade and pick up all of those tiny little things like cigarette butts, ring pulls, string, pegs, sequins, feathers...who knows it could be anything but what ever it is it doesn't belong on the ground. Please take it home with you. Many animals and birds inhabit this land and we don't want them consuming our plastic or other waste. Please leave the land as you found it, or better if you can :)
- Make sure you dispose of your rubbish responsibly on the way out of the festival. Take it home, to the nearest large town or preferably to a recycling centre. Please don't dump your rubbish anywhere.
As consumers we really need to step it up and start thinking about ways to reduce our waste. There are huge negative effects our waste has on the planet and our natural ecosystems. If each of us looks after our own then it really isn't hard at all.
If anyone has anymore awesome ideas please feel free to share.
Thank you in advance pixies, see you really soon!!!
REFUSE REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE RESPECT !
LEAVE NO TRACE!
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS...
- There are no eftpos facilities on site. Make sure you bring cash.
- We are working with council and local police and will have security on site.
- Blow Me First will be set up Sunday and Monday and you will be able to be tested for alcohol or drugs before you leave the festival. This is not a free service so save some cash.
- No DRUGS!
- NO AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR OR DISRESPECT IN ANY FORM.
- NO DOGS, please do not bring dogs to the festival, you will be asked to leave.
- NO ICE.......We understand that everyone partys differently however smoking ice lowers your vibration and we do not want it at our festivals.
- NO GLASS, please do not bring ANY glass bottles, they are dangerous and often get smashed into the ground!
- NO FIRES, The property is at the edge of a state forest so fire safety is a must! TOTAL FIRE BAN!
- TAKE YOUR RUBBISH WITH YOU! Please help us keep this beautiful land rubbish free...many beautiful birds and animals call this land home!
- NO RENAGADES
- NO GENERATORS
-There will be free camping from Friday 12pm until 12pm Monday